Wetherden village hall is situated in a quiet lane close to the Maypole pub and next to the Wetherden playing fields and has easy access from the A14 from Bury St Edmunds or Ipswich and has under gone a major refurbishment
Wetherden Village Main hall can accommodate up to 100 people closely seated and up to 80 seated at tables. There is also a smaller room for meetings & smaller functions & activities. The Main Hall & meeting room are ideal for most types of functions, events and meetings (businesses welcome).
Regular activities include:
All types of celebration parties, Workshops & Functions with regular events consisting of Line Dancing, Whist Drives (2nd Friday each month), Table Tennis (Tuesday mornings 10.00-midday), History Group Yoga (Wednesday mornings 10:00-11:30), Mid Suffolk Folk Dance Club (Thursday evenings), Charity Events (Bingo, Quizzes, Tea and coffee afternoons etc.) General meetings First aid Workshops,
Hourly Rates: Main Hall £10.00 per hour Small Hall £5.00 per hour Both Main Hall & meeting rooms £11.25 per hour
Wetherden is immediately off the A14 at Junction 48 or 47a midway between Bury st Edmunds and Ipswich close to Stowmarket in Suffolk.
From Bury St Edmunds travel east along the A14 take junction 47a and follow signs to Wetherden, the village hall will be on the left before you reach the village pub.
From Ipswich travel west along A14 to junction 48, signed Haughley, take second exit at top of slip road then 1st exit of next roundabout then follow road through to Wetherden. Park Road is the road adjacent to The Maypole pub at the crossroads.
- Rooms: 2
- Music Licence
- Meeting Room
- Main Hall 24â€™ x 41â€™ with sealed wood sprung flooring, Overhead Electric heating
- Meeting Room 24â€™ x 18â€™6â€ with sealed wood flooring, Wall heaters, ample power sockets 3 Fold away conference tables and 40 conference chairs
- Kitchen 9â€™ x 18â€™ with serving hatch to Main Hall, equipped with Belling Double Oven, Fridge/Freezer, Microwave, Urn and kettles (plates, cups & saucers) hot water heater for washing up
- Toilets including disabled facilities
- Coin Operated meters for heating and electric
- 10 folding tables, 100 stacking chairs, 16 card tables, 50 meeting room chairs, 3 conference tables & white board
- Large gravel & grassed car park
- 3 Table Tennis Tables, Indoor bowls carpets and equipment
- Adjacent Wetherden Playing Field with football pitches, hard tennis court, childrenâ€™s play areas and community seating areas
- Business wifi