â€¢ Intimate Wedding Receptions – design your own special day, choose your own caterer, relax and enjoy… Special Weekend Wedding Package available
â€¢ Special Family Gatherings – relax with family and friends in peaceful surroundings, spill outside and enjoy the Village Green and play area
â€¢ Unique Business Meetings – quiet yet impressive venue with easy parking and full self-catering facilities
50ft x 19ft (15.25 x 5.75 metres)
Vaulted main hall with oak beams, plain ivory walls and pale wood-effect flooring, giving a clean, light and airy feel. Spectacular hall frontage offers five patio doors, including one double, opening onto a paved south-east facing veranda which looks out over our wildflower village green and across towards the fenced children’s play area. Choose between brighter 8-light wagon wheel chandeliers and more subtle wall lights. Accommodates 80 seated guests (maximum) and 100 standing. Serving hatch (which can be closed) connects the kitchen to the main hall. Music from the hirer’s own CDs or portable music device (e.g. iPad, mobile phone) can be fed through the main hall’s sound system, which includes surround-sound speakers, a microphone system and a hearing loop. WIFI internet connection and a Local Area Network (LAN) for computer linking. Sample seating plans available.
18ft x 12ft (5.5 x 3.6 metres). Comfortable carpeted meeting room accommodating ~15 people. Available for hire either on its own or along with the main hall. Furnished with sofas, armchairs and low tables plus small oil radiator for extra heating if required. Excellent private meeting space with the added bonus of the catering facilities of the village hall (subject to the requirements of other hirers). Versatile room for parties and weddings for storage of gifts (it can be locked), or as a quiet room for older or younger guests seeking respite from the celebrations.
Electrical appliances include: two Siemens single ovens, a ceramic four-ring hob, a static hot cupboard, an autofill water boiler, a larder fridge, a microwave oven and a commercial dishwasher. Waist-level worktops offer plenty of space for food preparation, etc. Serving hatch directly into the main hall. External electrical connection for catering vehicle hook-up. Cutlery, crockery and glassware (including champagne glasses) for up to 80 guests. ‘Walk-away’ professional cleaning service.
Children’s play area:
Picket-fenced play area includes swings, wooden play equipment, log cabin and picnic seating, all on a bark safety surface. NB This is a small public play park – non-exclusive use.
- Rooms: 2
- Main hall with beamed vaulted ceiling and wood-effect floors
- Patio doors onto covered paved veranda leading onto the village green and protected grassland meadow
- Carpeted smaller meeting room with comfortable chairs and low coffee tables
- Quality fitted kitchen, including two ovens, one ceramic hob, water boiler, hot cupboard, dishwasher, large fridge, microwave
- Crockery, cutlery, glassware and table linen
- Six-foot rectangular tables plus upholstered chairs
- Main hall accommodates 80 seated guests maximum or 100 standing
- Oil-fired central heating
- Toilets for all abilities, cloakroom
- Professional cleaning included
- Wheelchair access to all areas - no steps
- Baby changing facility
- LAN & WIFI internet connection
- Surround speaker system with amplifier, microphone systems, and hearing loop
- Pull-down projection screen, projector available for business meetings only
- Gravelled car park for 35 vehicles plus two paved disabled spaces adjacent to the hall
- Outside power sockets
- Non-exclusive access to adjacent fenced children's play area with wooden play equipment
- Fob alarm key available for longer hires, giving independence
- PRS licence
- Built 2008
- Redecorated January 2019