The Community Centre at Great Whelnetham is located only a short distance from the town of Bury St Edmunds, and commands a stunning view of the rural Suffolk countryside.
Inside the Community Centre the main reception area allows access to the Kitchen, Bar area, main hall, toilets and baby changing facility.
The bar area can be easily partioned from the main hall to provide a separate meeting room if required.
The hall has the ability to seat well in excess of 200 people and offers a traditional polished wooden dance floor and a stage complete with sound and lighting equipment, back stage entrance, and access from front of stage left and right
The DMX lighting system, like the sound system which includes a mixing desk, can be controlled either from on stage or remotely from the back of the hall which adds to the versatility of stage for productions and performances.
Comfortable seating and a choice of tables adds to the attraction of this venue not only for wedding receptions, dances,and live entertainment, but also more formal occasions such as meetings or conferences. In the near future free internet access will also be available.
Generous free parking facilities for cars and coaches includes disabled bays, and also offers an ‘overflow’ capability should the need arise.
There is also an outdoor children’s play area.
To book please call 07341 346323.
Bury St Edmunds
- Rooms: 2
- Music Licence
- Large Car Parking Space for coaches or up to 120 cars
- Large Entrance Foyer
- Large Hall - Ideal for weddings, parties, clubs or events
- New Kitchen - Double oven, commercial dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, storage etc
- Fully Licensed Bar - A variety of different types of Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic drinks at affordable prices
- Male, Female & Disabled Toilets including baby changing area
- Hall capacity:150 when seated at tables
- 185 when used for mixed occupancy (tables & dancing area)
- 220 when used for dancing
- 300 when used for closely seated audience
- Polished wooden dance floor
- Seperate bar area - Ideal for meetings or small parties
- Equipped stage with sound and lighting with separate stage area
- Two changing rooms equipped with showers and locker
- Note: Whelnetham Community centre has been recently modernised and is one of the largest Centre's just 2 miles from Bury St Edmunds.