The Court House – During the first half of the 19th Century, Framlingham was the legal centre for thirty-three parishes. At first, petty sessions were held in the Corn Hall at the back of the Crown Hotel but in 1872 the Court House was built. Judges’ courts were held here until 1924 and Magistrates’ Courts until 1978. It now houses the Public Library.
The Court Room, which can now be hired, is large with a raised platform which still has the original Judges’ 20ft long oak table.
The stained glass cupola roof gives the room a light and roomy atmosphere. Ideal for small or large gatherings.
On the ground floor, The Cell is ideal for 1:1 and counselling/advice sessions.